Born and raised in Watertown, Wisconsin, Shaun Finley has been playing golf for more than 25 years. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire with a degree in Business Administration.
In 2008, Finley was elected into membership as a PGA Class A golf professional. In addition to The Oaks Golf Course, he has worked at various golf facilities including Watertown Country Club (Watertown, WI), The Hideaway (La Quinta, CA) and Palm Valley Country Club (Palm Desert, CA). Finley has been teaching lessons for 12 years and continues to develop his vast knowledge of the swing. He believes it is important to keep lessons simple while addressing areas of improvement and focusing on patience.
Finley aims to make students successful by:
- Understanding student goals.
- Understanding student learning styles and matching his teaching approach to that style.
- Keeping lessons simple while identifying areas for improvement.
- Creating a success plan that is attainable for the student.
- Giving students the ability to self-diagnose while playing or practicing on his or her own.
Breaking an old habit or developing a new skill takes time. It is not something that can be mastered without continued effort. In my mind, everyone has a unique way to learn, and it is important for me as an instructor to pinpoint my student’s learning style. I must tailor each lesson to maximize my student’s ability to succeed.
— Shaun Finley